SAVE THE DATE
Centre for Criminal Justice & Human Rights, School of Law, University College Cork and
Irish Mental Health Lawyers Association
Annual Conference 2018
Mental Health Law and Capacity Law
Saturday 12 May 2018
10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, University College Cork
Conference programme will be published shortly, once finalised.
Speakers will include:
- Ms Freda McKittrick, Head of Barnardos Guardian ad Litem Service: ‘Catching or Falling? The experience of working with children in the Mental Health and Child Care Systems’
- Mr Michael Lynn, Senior Counsel: ‘Recent Developments in Mental Health Law’
- Dr Lisa Butterly, Historian: ‘A Jury of My Peers’
- Dr Anne Jeffers, Consultant Psychiatrist: ‘Learning from the Patient: Experience with the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland REFOCUS Group’
- Ms Katherine Kelleher, Partner, Comyn Kelleher Tobin, Solicitors, Cork: 'S 25 Mental Health Act 2001 in practice from a legal perspective'
- Ms Brid Breathnach, Deputy Official Solicitor and Senior Civil Litigation Lawyer, Office of the Official Solicitor, London: ‘Serious medical treatment applications in the Court of Protection in England and Wales - a practitioner's perspective’
- Ms Patricia Hickey, General Solicitor for Minors and Wards of Court
- Ms Áine Hynes, Partner, St. John Solicitors, Dublin: ‘Dealing with Capacity Issues in Practice - Recent Developments’
- Conference Fee - €120
- NGOs €50
- Academics - €50
- Devilling barristers and trainee solicitors - €50
- Students – Free
Further Information from Ms Deirdre Kelleher, School of Law, UCC, phone (021) 490 3642, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Four CPD Hours – Solicitors and Barristers
College of Psychiatrists of Ireland - 3.5 external CPD Credits.
Twitter hashtag: #IMHLAUCC